Book Direct for the best rate
When you book direct, not only will you get The Best Rate, but also the best stay, the best room – so, really, booking direct means you get the best experience.
Please read the following information regarding parking for the hotel:
Parking is not available at the Hotel premises.
We recommend purchasing a 3-day parking permit online for £10.90 paybyphone.co.uk. The location number is 806602 which gives you the option to purchase a 3-day or 7-day pass. Rover parking passes entitle you to park in any Derbyshire Dales District Council run car parks (please note the maximum permitted period will apply in the short-stay car parks).
- Granby Road (DE45 1ES) Opposite the hotel. (123 spaces) Short stay car park.
Parking Permit holders can stay 3pm until 12pm the following day.
- Agricultural Business Centre (DE45 1AH). a 5-minute walk from the hotel. (420 spaces)
PLEASE IGNORE THE NO OVERNIGHT PARKING SIGNS, THESE ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO HOTEL GUESTS.
- New Street (DE45 1DW) a 5-minute walk from the hotel. (17 spaces)
You can pay for parking at paybyphone.co.uk website. (Location number 806390) This will allow you to pay for as long as required without needing to top up at the pay and display machine.
If you do not wish to purchase a pass then please use the pay and display machines.
Guests can no longer park on Granby Road Car Park between the hours of 5am-7pm on Mondays due to the market held within the car park, so the Agricultural Centre must be used during these hours or alternatively New Street car park.
If you arrive during the day time on a MONDAY before 7:00pm we recommend navigating to The Agricultural Centre (DE45 1AH) or New Street (DE45 1DW) due to the Market held within Granby Road car park.
The H Boutique Hotel Terms and Conditions
Parking is not available at the hotel premises. We do not accept liability for parking fines, you are responsible for putting money into the pay and display machines to cover your stay. Payment is required 24 hours a day 7 days a week in all the car parks. A 3-day rover pass can be purchased from reception for £10.90. This permit will only remain valid for 3 consecutive days from the date scratched off and can only be used in the Derbyshire Dales District Council run car parks. Please note the maximum permitted period will apply in the short-stay car parks). The permit is NOT valid in any of the private run car parks.
Paying for your room
The cost of the full reservation and any extras added to your booking will need to be paid in full on arrival. you will need to present your card at reception and pay for the full stay via the chip and pin machine. We do not accept manual payments prior to arrival, unless made via a Third-Party Website. We require a credit/debit card to guarantee the booking in case of a no show, which we have the right to take payment.
Payment may be made by cash (with proof of identification), credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) The expiry date of your debit/credit card must be later than the end of your stay. We do not accept personal cheques.
If you have paid online via a third-party website proof of identification and credit/debit card must be presented upon arrival at the hotel.
Our right to cancel
We may cancel your reservation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes email) if:
you do not pay us when you are required to do so; or
you breach the contract between us in any way; or
you have previously breached the contract between us in any way.
If we cancel your reservation where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract. Where your stay had/has not yet commenced, the total payment made or to be made by you for such room shall be deemed a cancellation charge and is not for any service.
Your right to cancel
Should it be necessary to cancel or amend your reservation, please contact our Hotel Reservations team on 01629 812033 48 hours prior to check in to avoid the cancellation fee of one nights’ room rate.
If you cancel a reservation after 3pm UK time 2 days prior of arrival (including a "no show") you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to one night's total accommodation per room booked and for any meals and other extras booked for the first night of your stay (for example dinner, breakfast (the following morning) and any extras requested. A cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation. Such cancellation charge is to compensate the hotel for the late cancellation and is not for any service.
If you decide to shorten your stay whilst in house you must inform reception. You will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to one night’s total accommodation per room booked and for any meals and other extras booked for the following day. Such cancellation charge is to compensate the hotel for the late cancellation and is not for any service.
No shows and early check-outs will be charged one night’s room rate to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.
For group bookings (5 or more rooms) a deposit will be required.
Deposits already paid are only returned in accordance with the following conditions;
- Cancellation made 28 days or more in advance of arrival date = Full deposit refund
- Cancellation made 14 days or less of arrival date = 50% of deposit refund
- Cancellation made 48hrs or less of arrival date = No refund issued, full amount of booking due
We reserve the right to:
- change your room allocation and/or hotel location at any point during your stay for any reason; or
- cancel any booking(s) due to health and safety concerns or full or partial closure of the hotel.
Events outside our control
We may also cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, outbreak of disease, health and safety issues, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and:
if you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment to you; or
if you have not yet paid for your room, you will not have to make any payment to us.
Save as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) IMPORTANT NOTICE
We require immediate notification if you or anyone staying with you or on a reservation you have booked is self-isolating or should be self-isolating in line with Government guidelines. In any circumstances, The H Boutique Hotel reserves the right to cancel any reservations, before or during your stay, if it is for the purpose of self-isolation.
If your booking is for stays on or before the 30th April 2020, we have amended our cancellation policy as follows:
- If you do not wish to travel at present, we will offer customers the opportunity to rebook at a later date subject to availability and any price differences.
- If you or a member of your party has tested positive for covid within our 48 hour cancellation policy window- charges still apply*
*At the discretion of the hotel reservation may be moved to future dates subject to availability.
Expectations of you and your party- you must not:
- Be threatening or abusive to any of our team before, during or after your stay.
- Smoking anywhere inside the hotel is strictly forbidden. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking on our premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a £100 fine.
- Engage in any unlawful activity during your stay (e.g. taking an illegal substance)
- Cause any health and safety hazard to any of our team members or any of our guests.
- Bring any pets onto the premises.
- Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto the premises.
- Use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills.
- Should any guest lose any belongings during their stay or incur damage to their property, the provision of the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 will apply, a copy of which is displayed in reception. Lost property that is not claimed within 3 months of the guests departure it will be disposed by the hotel.
- Tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment.
- Utilise the rooms to store items (personal or otherwise) which could in the sole opinion of The H Boutique Hotel cause damage to the room, or be a risk to the health and safety of staff or property.
- Prevent management, housekeeping and/or maintenance staff from access to your room(s) in the event of an emergency.
- Remove, damage or destroy any of The H Boutique Hotel’s property.
- Use any of the technology provided by The H Boutique Hotel to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests.
If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from the premises;
- cancel key cards
- restrict access to the hotel
The H Boutique Hotel reserves the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these terms and conditions (as may be updated from time to time), whether the reservation is in that name or not.
Guests must report any loss of or damage to their property immediately.
Guests are personally responsible for their personal effects and that the hotel will not be responsible for any loss or damages caused.
UNCLAIMED ITEMS/NO CONTACT: Lost & Found items are held for fourteen (14) days while we attempt to contact the guest. If guest contact information is incorrect or cell phone mailbox is full and we are unable to contact the guest during the fourteen (14) day holding period, the unclaimed item(s) are thrown away, given to local organizations, or disposed of accordingly.
Housekeeping is provided daily between the hours of 9 a.m.-2 p.m. This is a 100 % NON-SMOKING hotel, including marijuana. Rooms are cleaned and inspected daily and a detailed log is maintained on each room and linen. Rooms are rented to guests in appropriate condition without any prohibited odour. Housekeeping and Front Desk staff are trained and skilled in identifying the odours from prohibited items. If our investigation concludes that you have smoked in your room, cooked, or brought a prohibited item into our facility, you will be fined, and evicted without any refund.
NO IN-ROOM PARTY:
The H Boutique Hotel enforces a No In-Room Party Policy to ensure we can protect the hotel and our guests at all times. No parties, loud disturbances and/or noise-nuisance are allowed or tolerated on these premises. In the event of a disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be given to reduce the noise. If our request is not followed, the guest will be asked to leave the hotel without refund. Registered guest(s) is responsible for all persons visiting. Non-Registered visitors are only permitted until 10:00 P.M. If found with more “people” not listed on the Guest Registration Form after 10:00 P.M. your stay will be considered a party. You will be ordered to vacate the premises without refund and may be access Guest Compensation Disturbance Fee.
DAMAGE AND/OR THEFT OF HOTEL PROPERTY
You are liable for any damage howsoever caused (whether by the deliberate, negligent, or reckless act) to the room (s), hotel’s premises or property caused by you or any person in your party whether or not staying at the hotel during your stay. The H Boutique Hotel reserves the right to retain your credit card and/or debit card details as presented at registration and charge or debit the credit /debit card such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deem necessary to compensate or make good the cost or expenses incurred. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right and you hereby authorize us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the Hotel property during your stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc. We will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialist to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
DAMAGE DISCOVERED AFTER CHECK-OUT:
Guest Rooms found with waste strewn around, in complete disorder, and/or “trashed” will be subject to maintenance deep cleaning fee, administration fee and/or third party fees.
DAMAGE TO ROOM: Damage to rooms, fixtures, furnishing and equipment including the removal of electronic equipment, towels, art work, etc. will be charge at 120% of full and new replacement value plus any shipping and handling charges. Any damage to hotel property, whether accidental or wilful, is the responsibility of the registered guest for each particular room. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the credit card of the registered guest. In extreme cases, criminal charges will be pursued.
DAMAGE TO MATTRESSES AND BEDDING:
Damage to mattresses and linen including; towels, mattress pads, sheets, bedspreads, blankets resulting from the use of body oils, make-up, shoe-polish, etc. will result in a charge for the special cleaning, repair or replacement of the damaged article.
DAMAGE OR TAMPERING WITH FIRE DETECTION SYSTEMS/FIRE-FIGHTING EQUIPMENT:
The H Boutique Hotel reserve the right to take action against any guest or visitor found to have tampered or interfered with any detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas, guest rooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests or visitors found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire-fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the hotel due to their actions and will be evicted from the hotel. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, law enforcement may become involved at the hotel’s discretion. Should the fact that fire-fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right and you hereby authorize us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the Hotel property during your stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc.
We keep your personal data safe and secure. Full details about how we use your data are set out in our Privacy Notice. Similar to other commercial websites, this website and the System utilises a standard technology called cookies and web server logs to collect information about how the website and/or the System is used and how to improve them. Further details can be found in our Cookie Notice. By providing information about you and your booking group (as outlined in the Privacy Notice) when making a reservation, you consent (on your behalf and on behalf of each member of your group) to such processing and you warrant that all information provided by you is accurate.
The H Boutique Hotel adopts dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms fluctuates based on demand. When you make a reservation request, we'll give you a total price for the rooms and number of nights you've requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your reservation.
Gift vouchers can be redeemed against a stay in one of our 10 boutique rooms or against our sister company The H Coffee Bar and Restaurant.
Ordering Your Gift Voucher
Please contact reception via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01629 812033 to order your voucher, gift vouchers are available for any amount at £50 increments.
We aim to dispatch vouchers by First Class post via Royal Mail within 2 working days.
Gift Cards & Vouchers may be combined with other forms of payment. Guest charges in excess of the gift card's value may be settled with cash or major credit card. Gift Cards are not exchangeable for cash and have no value unless redeemed.
We are sorry, but gift vouchers purchased either online or at our hotel cannot be refunded.
- Check-in is between 3.00 p.m - 10.00 p.m on the day of arrival.
- Check-out is between 9.00 a.m - 10.00 a.m on the day of departure.
- We do not allow dogs in our bedrooms
- We do not operate a dress code, our staff are dressed smartly but comfortably, so jeans and trainers are fine by us!
- We do not have a night porter situated on site overnight. Guests are asked to check in to retrieve their key and keep it with them if they plan on being out later than 10pm to ensure they can access the hotel and their bedroom when returning from their evening out
Unfortunately, as the building is grade II listed, this makes it impossible to comply fully with the latest specification for full wheelchair access. Please discuss your requirements with our reception team prior to your visit who will be able to advise you on which rooms would be best suited to your needs.
Terms and Conditions
The provisional booking will be held for two weeks, after which time it may be released without further notification. A deposit is required to secure the booking, the final balance is payable two weeks prior to the event.
Our Preferred method of payment is by Debit card, Credit card, Cheques and Cash are also accepted.
All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable therefore we recommend you take out suitable Wedding insurance. It is however worth noting that most policies will not cover you should you make a voluntary decision not to proceed.
Hotel check-in time is from 3:00pm. The latest check in time is 10pm.
Early check-in cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability.
Pre-registration can be arranged upon request at an additional charge.
Check-out time is 10am. Late check-out can be arranged, subject to availability and charges may subject to additional fees.
Our gift vouchers make the ideal present!
Our gift vouchers make the perfect gift for any occasion: a hotel break, dining experience or afternoon tea, we have plenty for you to choose from.
whether you are planning a gift for family, friends or to reward staff performance we have a range of gift vouchers available.
To purchase a gift voucher please contact reception on: 01629 812033 or email: email@example.com
Frequently asked questions:
- Hi, is it possible to have an additional z bed for a child in a superior double? Yes this is possible but will incur an additional charge. Please let us know when you book that you require a z bed.
- Hi, Is it possible to request a later check out time? check out till 12pm is an additional £20
- are there any of the rooms that have grab rails in bathroom or wet rooms? no unfortunately not
- Is breakfast included in the price of booking a room? We have two rates- Standard rate: Room only or Bed & Breakfast
- Hi are you close to the train station please and are there ample places to visit within walking distances please? The nearest stations to Bakewell are at Matlock, Chesterfield or Buxton. We are located in the town centre of Bakewell.
- Do the double rooms have a bath in the bathroom? Some have baths with overhead showers, some just a shower. Please specify your request on booking.
- Can the double bed be made into two singles please? all rooms can be twins
- Are we dog friendly? No sorry we are not
- which rooms have spa baths? One superior double room has a spa bath, Contact the hotel directly for availability.